Saturday 8 February 2014

Tried fixing turning of elastic at the back

I tried to fix the back of this skirt based on the perfect (or so I call it) phus phus skirt I was creating.
The back of the phus phus skirt is both gathered and elasticised to give that flat look but when I created this skirt I had fully elasticised the back.


Now when I tried doing this following step 17 of phus phus skirt I just couldn't get the fabric over the waistband fully straight even though I used all my energy with both hands.
Also when I'm behind the sewing machine I cannot pull it so taunt like shown here.
Had I gathered it slightly I would be able to stitch on top of elastic laying the fabric flat.
Do I didn't go ahead with my plan but just wanted to show that a gathered and elastic is the way to go :)

Thanks,
Preethi.




If you enjoyed reading this you can either like my facebook page to get all updates and more or you can opt to receive posts via email. Don't forget to activate your subscription though!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...