Friday 24 January 2014

KCW - thinking of 2 options

Hi All, I'm participating in KCW January. This is the first time I'm participating in such an event (dont think it can be called an event or a competition ??). Everyday of next week I need to sew or do something related to sewing for 1 hr everyday. I'm not sure how I'm going to manage that though. I'm thinking what to make. My options so far are:
1. flat front back elastic skirt - I've learnt a lot from my mistakes in this checked skirt and a  skirt from dupatta. There is another one I haven't posted yet which I will soon do. I'm always thinking if the next post I do should be something that I have created or something new and I just end up only thinking and doing none :). Well there isn't much I've made that I haven't posted already - just 2-3 dresses.

I generally start with basic measurement of waist for my daughter, figure out the seam allowances, fold width and hem length. I also base it on the type of fabric I'm using and the gathering I want.For KCW I thought I should just put some maths around it with some variables like gathering, hem width etc... so I dont need to calculate everytime. So that is something I want to do before the start of KCW.

2. Basic tunic with lining.
I generally always trace around an existing well fitting tunic or t shirt. I have made a tracing on paper couple of times before but they end up getting wrinkled, torn or lost. I thought I should digitize it and just trace it on my computer. :). Not the best way I know.

If I choose option 1 I want to make a readily available maths before the challenge week and if I choose option 2 I want to digitize the pattern before the week. By end of tomorrow whatever I fancy I'll implement the same on Sunday to be ready on Monday. Thats the plan of course. Lets see how it goes. I'll keep you posted. :)
Have a great weekend.

Thanks,
Preethi.

If you enjoyed reading this you can either like my facebook page to get all updates and more or you can opt to receive posts via email. Don't forget to activate your subscription though!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...