Sunday 5 January 2014

Circle Skirt

Circle Skirt - I'm in love with this. This was my second sewing project ever and I finished within 2.5 hrs. Cutting and sewing. I was really pleased. I've been thinking about it longer though.

I used this skirt tutorial as it was quite clearly instructed.
It is not exactly same because I didn't use the visible elastic way since I didn't have a coloured elastic;
the white elastic looked a bit undone to me.


I zigzag stitched the hem and turned wrong sides together and stitched. It was fairly easy.


Pattern : Here

Learning: 
1. Measure and cut accurately: It is really difficult to get this skirt in for my daughter. It is really tight around the bums to pull through. Once in it looks great. Such a fitted garment works first if there is zipper of button fastening along the length of skirt.(a small opening or full length)

I used the tutorial for sewing instructions and used my own judgement to cut.
It was a bit of maths to cut the pattern but measurements need to be right first.

UPDATE -  Learnt 4 ways to hem circle skirt
UPDATE - How to insert no twist elastic elastic in less than a minute
UPDATE - Efficient ways to cut circle skirt


Thanks
Preethi.


If you enjoyed reading this you can either like my facebook page to get all updates and more or you can opt to receive posts via email. Don't forget to activate your subscription though!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...